While at first they may look similar, there are lots of differences that make Premium Topos far superior to free ones. Let's have a look at both.
- Can be made by anyone
- Are not quality controlled and usually incomplete
- Can only have a maximum of 20 routes and 7 topo images (old free topos might have more information than this)
- Don't have descriptions, route properties or sector details
- Are free to use and authors don't get paid when climbers use the topos
- Can't receive suggestions from other climbers
- Can't have permanent maintainership by a team
- Are always maintained by a "team" in 27 Crags
- Have as complete information as possible and there's no limits in the amount of content per crag.
- Are quality controlled and evaluated before publishing
- Only users with a Premium subscription can see the images of Premium topos
- Premium authors get paid when the topo is used
- People outside the team can make suggestions to Premium topos
- Team members can use their topos without having a Premium subscription